Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Welcome to my journey

The start of this trip has been a breeze. I flew through security at Logan airport in Boston, and got to the gate with about two hours to spare. So, ipod in hand, I zoned out for a few hours until it was time to board. When I got to my seat on the plane I thought to myself, wow, how did I manage to get a seat across from the guy who clearly hasn’t showered for a few weeks? I figured I would just have to suck it up for the 6hr plane ride. To my astonishment, and I rarely ever get this lucky, the passenger who was supposed to sit next to me didn’t show. Imagine that, now I have the window seat to my right all to myself. That definitely makes up for the guy who doesn’t shower.

Then stinky guy asks me if we can switch seats, “no thanks” I reply. It wasn’t till later when I realized he probably wanted to ask if his son could sit next to me in the window seat. Either way, I probably would have said “no.”

The flight was great, for dinner northwest had chicken curry and a free glass of wine, both were actually pretty good. There was a ton of in flight entertainment; I chose to spend my time watching the movie Adventure land. Poor choice by me, it was only mildly funny; like a less funny Juno. Fortunately, an episode of 30rock and some sleep made up for it.

After another two one hour plane rides and about five hours of lay over time, I finally made it to Italy. Having not slept for probably close to a full 30 hours, I am cranky, tired and ready to get out of the airport.

I am living with two other guys from UNH, Matt and Ryan, and we are having a blast. The apartment is amazing, my room is huge, and we even have a maid that comes every day. We are all still going to keep things somewhat clean so we don’t embarrass ourselves, and the rest of America.

Now that we have all been moved in and have been awake for about 40 hours, it’s time to go celebrate with a few drinks. We all went to a local bar and had a whole bunch of awesome local red wine called dolcetto d’alba for 5euro a bottle. Doesn’t get much better than that. More updates about the food too come, that is when I finally eat sometime not on an airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment