Sunday, October 18, 2009

Vino


It has been a little more than a month, and I have already tasted my way through many adventures. How about a little recap of what I have experienced so far? Good, here we go;

1. Spent a few days eating nothing but amazing cheese and drinking beer and wine.
2. Decided that the panna cotta at Osteria Del Boccondivino is the best tasting thing that has ever touched my lips…get your mind out of the gutter, jeezz.
3. Gone to, and hiked through the five towns of Cinque Terre. Seen the Mediterranean Sea for the first time.
4. Finished Italian class, history of Italian cuisine, and food history.
5. Scored my first goal against a bunch of Italian soccer players, that does certifiably make me awesome, just in case you were wondering.
6. Gone to two bio dynamic wineries, and had tastings at both, I also received two free bottles of wine. Had my first chocolate tasting with a local artisan chocolate maker.

Now, a few things that are coming up soon;

1. Going to Siena in the region of Tuscany.( That’s actually happing real soon like in day, 10/19)
2. Going on a wine stage, which involves a week of visiting wineries and tasting wines.
3. Seeing my Dad, and going to Milan to visit my cousins with him.
4. Going on an olive oil stage, same thing as wine, but with olive oil. I have been assigned to the Liguria region; I have been told that they have the best olives there.

Finally, things that I still want to do;

1. Go to my distant families’ old winery in Collie Piacenza.
2. Stand on the Champs-Élysées and pretend I won the Tour De France, maybe kiss the ground.
3. Go to Amsterdam, Munich, Paris, Nice, Egypt, Pompeii, Venice, just too many places to name and too little time to go.
4. Go hiking in the Alps.

Time to finish packing for Siena!

No comments:

Post a Comment