Monday, October 26, 2009

Middle aged women: 1 Me: 0



“Ciao ciao grazie ciao prego caio prego grazie ciao ciao.” In Italy that might literally mean hundreds of things. I am relatively sure that those words, no matter the order or frequency can explain everything that has ever happened to you or anyone else or anything in general, ever. Also, throwing in a “si” once in a while helps…usually. I say usually, because up until yesterday nothing has really backfired when I say “si” in response to something I don’t understand. Well that lucky streak came to an abrupt end when I was on the train yesterday and some middle aged Italian lady across from me said something and gestured to something on the train floor, maybe my shoes, or her shoes, or her shopping bag. I don’t know. When I said “si” she and her friend sitting next to her started to laugh at me, and my lack of Italian. Middle aged women: 1 Me: 0
On a more exciting note, I had an amazing time in Siena and Montalcino with Ryan and Emily. We tasted nine different Brunelos local to that region, all of which were amazing. Then we had a great dinner, Tuscan soup, pasta with a wild boar sauce, and a plate of cheese and meat.
And on an even more exciting note, if you can believe it, today is the start of our week long wine stage; it’s going to be awesome! We are visiting two Barolo wineries with wine tastings, a cheese maker (not sure why since its wine stage, but I won’t complain), plus we are doing another two wine tastings at the wine bank here in Pollenzo. Details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment